Social Services Block Grant (SSBG) Case Management
The Social Services Block Grant (SSBG) Case Management program is administered by the Connecticut Association for Community Action, Inc. (CAFCA) with funding provided by the Connecticut Department of Social Services (DSS). SSBG Case Management services are services or activities that help individuals and families meet their needs. All services are free. These services are available to anyone who may need them.
- People who are under or unemployed
- People who need help applying for social services
- People who need referrals to basic needs, treatment, health, and shelter services
- People in need of job search assistance or who need help identifying job training and educational opportunities
Who is eligible?
- Connecticut residents at least 18 years old
- Single adults
- Families with at least 1 child under 18 living with you
- There are income guidelines. A SSBG case manager will verify your income during your first appointment
What can SSBG help with?
- Food and nutrition
- Application completion
- Goal planning
- Housing information and assistance
- Referrals to other services
- Transportation assistance
- Help finding education or training opportunities
- Job search and resume writing
- Money management and budgeting
Click here for the SSBG service map to find and contact your local Community Action Agency about SSBG Case Management services!