Social Services Block Grant Case Management (SSBG CM)
The Social Services Block Grant (SSBG) Case Management program is administered statewide by the Connecticut Association for Community Action, Inc. (CAFCA) with funding provided by the Connecticut Department of Social Services (DSS).
SSBG Case Management provides services or activities to help individuals and families meet their needs. All services are free and are available to anyone who may need them that meets eligibility requirements.
- People who are under/unemployed or economically disadvantaged
- People who need help applying for social services
- People who need referrals to basic needs, treatment, health, and shelter services
- People in need of job search assistance or who need help identifying job training and educational opportunities
Who is eligible?
- Connecticut residents aged 18 years or older
- There are income guidelines. Individuals and families must have a combined income of less than 150% of the Federal Poverty Level.
- An SSBG case manager will verify your eligibility during your first appointment and will always refer you to someone that can help if it turns out another program would be a better fit.
What can SSBG help with?
- Food and nutrition assistance
- Application completion
- Goal planning
- Housing information and assistance
- Referrals to other services
- Transportation assistance
- Help finding education or training opportunities
- Job search and resume writing
- Money management and budgeting
Click here to download the SSBG service map (pdf) to find and contact your local Community Action Agency about SSBG Case Management services!